Saturday, December 19, 2009

Halo: Evolutions - ...they don't list an editor?


buy

The Deal: At this point in time, due to an RSI, I can only type for 10 minutes at a time. What you see below is what is hammered out before the timer goes off- and nothing more.

What is protocol when writing about books you're in? I suppose, since this is my blog, I can do what I like. But...er. I dunno. Sits funny with me. I didn't intend to touch the book at all, to be honest, as I'd read our story so many times in such a short space, but when it turned up on the door step, and was sitting there looking all pretty and stuff...well. You know how it goes, when you're alone with a book and no one else is around. Things just...happen.

And I think I've decided I'm not comfortable commenting on the merit of a project I had a hand in. Conflict of interest, too many disclaimers and contexts to provide and only 10 minutes.

I've been sitting here much longer than 10 minutes trying to convince myself to just pretend our collaboration doesn't exist for a moment and talk about the other stories, and dude, I can't do it! WTF. But the reader in me is getting MIGHTY shirty about not getting her say.

Okay, special mention goes to 'The Impossible Life and Possible Death of Preston J. Cole' by Eric Nylund, a delicious little folder of bits and pieces of evidence put forth regarding the near legendary Cole. It does some very interesting things.

Writer, satisfied? Reader, satisfied? Good, now shush.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not sure I entirely buy Cole as a character. But maybe that's just because he's famously made of enigma. Or because Codename:SURGEON doesn't ever quite get what makes him tick.

    The other pieces in Evolutions were good fun, but I think you and Jeff win. I dream of a future in which Halo fans divide themselves into TEAM LOPEZ and TEAM HENRY factions. With green and purple t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete