Friday, March 20, 2009

While this isn't NSFW, I don't think it's entirely SFW.

Gakked from Deep Sea News; a video of flat worms mating.



It's known as penis fencing, and the worms are the swordsmen. From the midsection of each flat worm, double daggers protrude. Each dagger is actually a penis.


Dude. Dude. I totally lol'd. Probably because I don't see a lot of difference between flat worm and human sex. The only difference being, half the population is unarmed.

Gakked from Zooillogix; seed beetles have the scariest penis in the world.




A new study of C. maculatus seed beetles has proven the worst case scenario for most men: size and in this case the number of painful, injuring spikes on their penises do in fact matter. The C. maculatus have a series of spikes and barbs on their members that, during sex, become embedded in their mates, acting as anchors of sorts.


AAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa...No comment. I don't need to comment. It speaks for itself.

Penis. Funny stuff.

Shall we talk about something else? I'm going to talk about my vagina. I HAVE MY PERIOD. A real, honest to goodness tides of blood period! I'm a real boy ovary storage cupboard!

This is my first proper period since going off the pill in September. Six months, if you're counting. Prior to this, I've had two other half periods, which weren't really periods, wimpy little messes they were, barely worth the effort. Bah. They came with no other symptoms either, just a mess.

This period I class as 'real' precisely because its coming was heralded by the Harbinger Headache, which wasted no time turning into a Muthafucking Migraine. Had another mild headache today.

Bugger. Was seriously hoping going off the pill would get solve the migraine issue. Oh well.

Have also been cramping, which is an entirely new and exciting experience. And by exciting, I mean uncomfortable. I am hoping these do not get worse with time.

Other than lacking the whole monthly bleeding from the vagina thing, going of the pill was a simply super move. Depressive traits have lessened. Somewhat. That they have lessened, but that I have not suddenly become a little ray of sunshine, indicates that I'm just stuck with this lousy personality. Oh well. It's worth it. Every little bit helps. Never ever ever ever ever ever going back on the pill. Which means condoms for the rest of my life. Oh well. It's worth it. It's so worth it. I bounce back faster. I let go quicker. I don't sink so fast. These things still happen, but it's worth it.

Tomorrow is a great day for a hangover.

4 comments:

  1. Holey moley! The seed beetle has a Donger Of Doom.

    Glad to hear the pill-less move is working, more or less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous21/3/09 13:50

    Without getting too much into conversation that isn't suitable for the dinner table, my wife's been on four different varieties of the pill, starting with one to help her with skin problems and extraordinarily painful and irregular periods when she was a young'un, to one more recently that was squarely focused on helping her improve her mood. It seems there are several different sorts out there that have significantly different effects on each individual--she worked with her GP to find the right one for around eight months, but since the most recent change she's felt much better.

    All that's moot now she's pregnant though. ; )

    I'm glad to hear you've found something that works for you. I've been through feeling like crap about everything and everyone. Truthfully, sometimes it felt righteous to be feeling like shit--like a badge of honour. But now I'm out the other side I realise it really wasn't all that crash hot.

    By the way, if you ever have the opportunity, remind me not to watch SOS on SBS just before bed. It's freakin weird. And now I'm wondering what's in my wardrobe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having now seen how much of an effect the pill had on my mind, I'm not that inclined to experiment with other types, as I don't seen experimentation leading to anything other than a lot of unnecessary head-breaking. Which...ugh. No wai.

    I'm not fond of overly wallowing in feeling like crap. Given it's my default state, I don't see I have much right to badge of honor it or get out of jail free it. Do like feeling less crap though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see that this is working well for you so far Tessa. It's only we poor bastards who have to live through the insanity of our crazed minds who really appreciate the things that can make a positive difference.

    ReplyDelete