Saturday, September 05, 2009

I dreamed I gave birth to twin girls. I couldn't give them names because to do so would be to take away all the other potential names they could wear, and there were no names that understood how amazingly wonderfully perfectly delightfully devastatingly existent they were. I couldn't even bring myself to feed them, as that would then ground them in this world, like Persephone and the pomegranate, and they were so much more than that. They didn't need feeding. They didn't need defining. They just were, and they changed everything.

And then I woke up.

The next person who tries to argue with me when I say my subconscious is out to get me gets it in the neck.

2 comments:

  1. I've long wondered if your subconscious was out to get the rest of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe your subconscious was just prompting you to post that Midwich Cuckoos writeup.

    ReplyDelete