Tuesday, November 04, 2008

lustrous, bright, soft and nutrient

I was after soba noodles, but my local supermarket had none, so I picked these up instead, hoping they were a rought equvalent (they're not, they're for soup, not cold and dry). When I was prepping them I read the instructions on the back, and thought I would share them with you. 'cause they're pretty special.



I'm not sure what 'souted' is, and just cooked them the normal way I cook every and any sort of noodle. I particularly like the 'specialty' ribbon wrapped around each bunch. Could easily replace the word with 'caution', or 'toxic material'.

They're really nice noodles, by the way.

3 comments:

  1. Could "souted" mean "sauted"?

    Somewhat appropriately, my word verification is "chinesse".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could be, although I don't know if that would be appropriate for this particular type of noodle. I half though it might be 'soaked', but that doesn't quite seem right either.

    Whatever it is, it's popular enough to repeat.

    word verification: slings. That's not a jumble word!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Lustrous, bright, soft and nutrient" is my new motto. Or at least my Facebook status.

    ReplyDelete