Saturday, February 09, 2008

I actually have tomorrow off (it's my parole day), and for the first time in, I don't know, years and years and years, I'm going to see the lion dances and Dai Loong, the Southern Hemisphere's biggest dragon (imaginatively named 'big dragon').

Strictly speaking, I shouldn't be celebrating Chinese New Year, what with observing 100 days of mourning for Ayeh. Not that wandering around with a camera really counts as celebrating. But, our relationship was always one of opposition, so I think it's in keeping with that. In his honour though, and because he always disapproved of how not girly I was, I shall do so in a dress. Weather permitting.

Weather not permitting, I'll just have to deal with the fact that I'm a bad granddaughter.

Family, eh? Whose bright idea was that?

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9/2/08 03:35

    100 days of Mourning that seems a little excessive.

    3 days seems more reasonable to me.

    but then again I'm an asshole.

    ReplyDelete