Tuesday, January 08, 2008

that's just me running in the wrong direction

You see, I posted all that from the State Library. The lack of pianos had to be because I was inside, and the State Library is rather thick. No grand piano is going to bust through all the marble floors to kill my headache. This notion lodged in my mind.

As a result, I was some what hesitant about exiting the building.

That's just silly, I told myself, and walked home without having my skull crushed by falling pianos.

But then I wondered if maybe time zones were coming into play. Most people get online after dinner. China is only a little behind Australia in time, and Greece and Egypt another handful of hours on top of that. Maybe they hadn't checked their 'Requests From Foolish Mortals' email folder or blog feed for the day.

That's just silly, I told myself, and walked to work today without having my skull crushed by falling pianos.

But maybe they don't have any grand pianos. They're not really traditional chinese/greek/egyptian instruments, after all. Maybe they have to order them first, from the 'Requests From Foolish Mortals' Workshop of Divine Intervention.

Um.

Someone get this nonsense out of my head.
Preferably before I walk home tonight.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous8/1/08 20:33

    If they have to order them first, then they have to fill in all the appropriate forms, in seventeen-fold, and wait for the committee for requisition requests to holds its bi-annual meeting in which it's considered whether... etc, etc.
    Bureaucracy on a divine scale means you can probably look forward to that grand piano the day after you've celebrated your eleventy-first birthday, and not a moment sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Yes, very true. I'll have to have you around for eleventy-first birthday celebrations, so you can 'splain why the piano.

    And you know, after all that, they'll probably miss.

    ReplyDelete