Saturday, February 25, 2012

GLEEVOMIT! JOYGASM! YAYSNEEZE!



NO ONE TOLD ME THERE WAS A NEW COMIC SERIES OUT, OR THAT IT HAD BEEN OUT LONG ENOUGH FOR THE FIRST COLLECTED EDITION TO BE RELEASED.

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is a reboot of the original series, and I have to say, it is ace. The origins of the turtles and Splinter has knit together several antagonists from various, shall we call them, parallel universes that the many many licensed franchises the turtles have evolved in over the years. A good blend of both the original Mirage comic and the 80s cartoon, even featuring "General Krang". Curious to see if Krang remains a gooby brain (I never did like the story arc given to the gooby brain Krang/Shredder character in the new TMNT cartoon series). Art work by Dan Duncan is gorgeous, once again blending the multitude of styles in which the turtles have been depicted in the past. A good balance for the kids new to turtledom, and the kids grew up but never let it go.

NEED NEXT COLLECTION. NOW.

(Funnily enough, I was only this week missing my TMNT comics and DVDs. We all have our comfort stories. Thank you, universe. Don't think I don't appreciate it.)

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear. If only, if only I had known you were a TMNT comics nut while you were here... I have first editions of the first eight issues of the original indie comic, just sitting around, desperate to be geeked-upon one more time. Ah well, another day. Sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've read them. Have them at home.

    (Am not a true comic nerd in the sense that originals and mint condition isn't as important as new material.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have TMNT poems by 15 year olds that one day you need to see. They contain much bad language.

    ReplyDelete