Friday, March 19, 2010

Meat

Today I did not go to work because I felt rotten. This happens exactly never, as I have an immune system that is never defeated, and because I'm one of those horrible people who just goes to work even when feeling a bit crook.

When the alarm went off this morning, I felt ghastly enough to decide that yes, actually, sleeping for the whole day was in everyone's best interests. So I did.

I haven't eaten for more than 24 hours. Considering my current condition and two seconds spend pondering my recent diet, I figured I probably needed some iron, so meat was the go. To the shops I shambled, and spent a lot of time staring blankly at the shelves and counting the money in my pocket because right now, counting and decision making are beyond me.

Eventually I found some 'spinach and meat cannelloni' on discount. Spinach AND meat! There's some good hearty iron. And I can afford it too, bonus!

Having just consumed a couple, I can state with all certainty that there was no spinach or meat involved, and what I just ate was in fact a couple of tubes of cheese.

I'm going back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment