Thursday, August 04, 2011

you are angels and drunks, you are magi

First Pristiq tablet yesterday at 0840 hours. No immediate effects noticed. MASSIVE NIGHT SWEAT.

Second Pristiq tablet today at 0840 hours. No immediate effects noticed until I realised I was chipper to the point of manic. Those of you on twitter copped the brunt of it. Below is the gist of my tweeting for the day, and by 'gist' I mean 'everything but the yes/no @ replies'. It's very shouty. (Start at the bottom and work your way up. It's a pain I know.)

  • Extra points if the lie involves lemon meringue pie.
  • Yeah, I'm clocked off, but you can still sit on my lap and have your ear licked. Just tell me a lie and make me believe it.
  • Our hero enters the train mid-flight, the doors closing in on her, and squealing like a stuck schoolgirl piglet. #stylin'
  • Now; lion hunting.
  • Oh thank fuck I can stop being so loudly awesome. Was giving myself a headache.
  • HOME TIME HOME TIME THIS IS YOUR CASE WORKER AT THE MINISTRY OF LOVE, SIGNING OFF. SNOGS AND PAWINGS, MY FREAKY DARLINGS, SNOGS AND PAWINGS.
  • @battledinosaur SWEET LITTLE PEACHASAURUS YOU ARE WALKING CUTENESS EVEN IN YOUR SLEEP
  • @ZacDavies NAH MATE I JUST REALLY LOVE TEA CHEERS MATE
  • I WOULD LOVE A THIRD CUP OF TEA. LOVE ONE. LOVE IT. SWALLOW THAT FUCKER WHOLE. PHWOAR.
  • @trickyidnego YOU LEARN WELL, GRASSHOPPER. HAVE SOME ROSES.
  • @tyronotron @emlypie MAY THE LOVIN' BE IN YOU.
  • DOES THIS SMELL LIKE CHEAP ROMANCE TO YOU?
  • I WANT YOU TO WANT ME TO LOVE YOU. SO I CAN SPURN YOU. SCHOOL OF LIFE, CLASS IS IN.
  • @emlypie @tyronotron SING IT BACK BRING IT BACK SING IT BACK TO MEEEEEE
  • @emlypie WELL I LOVE HER ANYWAY. SHE GAVE ME A BISCUIT.
  • @idreamofcodeine AND BY THROW YOU MEAN HURL IN THEIR FACE. AWWW. YOU KNOW ME SO WELL. C'MERE YOU SACK OF SUGAR.
  • HEY @emlypie I'M GONNA STAND OUTSIDE @tyronotron's DOOR I KNOW HE'S HOME.
  • @emlypie WELL DAYUM WOMAN YOU SHOODA CALLED AHEAD YOUR MUM IS LOOKING AT ME FUNNY I THINK SHE JUDGES MY LOVE
  • @ZacDavies MORON 1+4 LAWL
  • I'M GOING TO WALK 100 MILES TO STAND OUTSIDE @emlypie's DOOR, WHICH ISN'T CREEPY AT ALL.
  • @ZacDavies NO REALLY. THAT SHIT IS BANANAS.
  • 4 hours ago
  • I'M FROM THE MINISTRY OF LOVE, I'M HERE TO HELP. YOU WILL BE LOVED. LIKE A MAROON5 SONG. NO I DON'T CARE IF YOU DON'T LIKE MAROON5. FFS.
  • @Marxamus @simonnix IF I DO IT REALITY DISTORTS AND IT DOES NOT SUCK
  • @simonnix BA-DUM-CHING
  • THE LACK OF FLOWERS YOU HAVE BROUGHT ME HAS NOT GONE UNNOTICED.
  • I think when she's drinking she's drowning some riot, what is my friend trying to hide...
  • @tyronotron TALK TO YOUR ANCESTORS, THEY'RE THE ONES WHO EVOLVED EARS.
  • @simonnix FUNNY IS PROBABLY GOING TO FILE A SEXUAL HARASSMENT CLAIM.
  • RT @charlesatan: @sirtessa I FIGURED EVERYTHING WOULD STILL BE IN ALL CAPS IF YOU WERE SPEAKING IN REAL LIFE
  • ALTHOUGH I WAS INDEED YELLING AT YOU BEFORE BECAUSE YOU ARE A JERK. BRING ME A CUP OF TEA AND I SHALL CONSIDER YOUR PARDON.
  • IT IS NOT ALLCAPS, IT IS MY AWESOMNIC FIELD DISTORTING REALITY.
  • [cries, rides off into the sunset.]
  • SURE, TAKE MY LOVE, BUT YOU SHOULD KNOW I DON'T LIKE YOU, NEVER LIKED YOU, YOU'RE A JERK.
  • NO REALLY THAT IS JUST FINE.
  • WHATEVER.
  • FINE. JUST FINE.
  • I'LL LOVE YOU IF I WANT YOUR ARGUMENT IS INVALID
  • You dispute my love? What are you saying, that I have bad taste in love? Who the fuck are you to tell me who to love?
  • [The previous tweet true for a limited time only.]
  • I love you, and am prepared to go to war if you refuse this love. Think carefully. I have elephants, triceratops and velociraptorbearsharks
  • @PoppyGallico you are ahead of me, and clearly branched off into an alternate universe in which lunch was uh maze ink.
  • Those of you in lagging time zones, here's a heads up: your lunch for Thursday is pretty bland. #youarewelcome
  • I DUB @tyronotron THE NEXT STAGE OF HUMAN EVOLUTION.
  • @Jazpuh_ special clauses and amendments for you, milady.
  • 7 hours ago
  • @Genghis_Dong I like to play benevolent dictator now and then.
  • SEE I DON'T SUCK RT @idreamofcodeine: @sirtessa you're adorable...your existence on my twitter feed brightens my day :)
  • @tyronotron I ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR EXISTENCE YOU REQUIRE NOTHING ELSE IN LIFE
  • @hannahrochelle I am not. Everyone else is irrelevant.
  • I have risen from my morose depths and lo the sun doth hide its face because verily I am a badass muthafucka like that. #sorrymelbourne
  • @hannahrochelle BOYS BOYS HAVE ALL THE FUN WE SAW @allyouzombies WITH HIS PANTS UNDONE
  • @jamesgorman the city sirens are BLARING IN MAH EARS
  • PHRASE REPETITION. SEPPUKU YOU FILTHY WORD ABUSER.
  • Right now @purrsikat & @_twertle are the most adorable things in my world right now. Dare you to usurp them.
  • Mirrorball is an appropriate soundtrack for burning buildings and toasting souls.
  • Spirals down 11 flights with the music up to awesome.
  • Of course they call a fire evacuation drill as I'm evacuating my bladder.
  • @nosubstance headbop sidestep blinky-blink headbop sidestep blinky-blink
  • @Genghis_Dong blink
  • @nosubstance blinky-blink headbop headbop headbop HUGE STARING EYES GLARE GLARE GLARE STOP hammer time
  • blinky-blink turn head all the way around squint blinky-blink-blink
  • i feel owlish. Like, i'm doing that suspicious blinky-blink thing owls do.
  • Dear friends; you are angels and drunks, you are magi...
  • Bayonets and banana bread; let me share the glorious death of this day with you, over and over, we rise as kings and rest as usurpers.
  • @hannahrochelle congratulations on leveling up, minihannah!
  • Is the abseiling window-washer harassing the seagulls, or are they harassing him? (Would love to have that job.)
  • Last night my body attempted to commit suicide via massive dehydration. #nightsweat

On the train ride home I switched from twitter to texts, and sent a lot of shouty texts to people who would not get in trouble or freak out to be the recipient of shouty amorous texts.

High as my yellow diamond kite with blue and green streamers. Cheery and directionless and useful as a marshmallow. I meant everything I said. I mean everything I say.

This message is for you II by sirtessa

I don't care if this is an artificially and medically induced high. It is here, and I must use and abuse the shit out of it while it is. I will suck it dry and leave myself empty and hollow, because when it leaves - and it is leaving - I will not be able to say any of these things with the fierceness they deserve.

You are magnificent. Be flawed and make magic.

I apologise for none of this.

2 comments:

  1. My escitalopram gives me night sweats. It's horrid but worth it. When I first started on them I was so high & full of energy I felt like I could run forever. It's levelled out now, & sometimes I miss that ecstasy, although it is now much easier to behave like a regular human being.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't experienced night sweats with any of my loony tunes meds - that was reserved for being on cortisone streoids where I could literally saturate the sheets.

    Have also experienced those near-manic highs - reminiscent of when I was still drinking and had a sort of out of body experience, looking at myself and mentally screaming 'shut the fuck up already!'

    Like Poppy says, I also found it levelled out.

    Spike Milligan was once asked if he thought his mental problems were what helped him create comic genius to which he replied he would have much rather been sane. And at his worst, he really was serious Loony Tunes material.

    PS - this response written after a couple of days of mania due to a problem with my meds, requiring the nice mental health people to hand-deliver me the drugs I was supposed to be on as opposed to what I was recently prescribed. Now all drugged up, fluffy and mild-mannered.

    Life as a Loony - you just gotta love it, don't ya.

    ReplyDelete