Friday, July 31, 2009

Trepanation From The OutsideIN

Someone in my immediate surroundings, who shall remain anonymous, lost the ability to sleep in. Apparently their brain found the alarm function, and in fiddling around with said function set it to 7AM, and now this someone who shall remain anonymous wakes up DING! regardless of exhaustion or what time sleep was achieved, and can sleep no further.

I lol'ed to hear this, because I'm a jerk like that.

And then I started doing the same.

Did you know that an inner alarm clock was contagious? I didn't. It must have taken prolonged exposure, or maybe it had a long incubation period, but suddenly, DING! I can't sleep past 7AM.

I'm not cool with that.

Someone who shall remain anonymous has apologised for inflicting this on me. In light of such an apology, my brain has decided to go one-up, and for the past two weeks I have been waking up at THREE O'FUCKING-CLOCK IN THE MORNING.

WHY

I DO NOT KNOW

Stupid brain.

Unsurprisingly, I'm a little frazzled right now. A couple of days back I went to bed and to sleep at 7PM. Woke up, it was dark, my alarm wasn't going off so I sighed. Hello again 3AM. Rolled over to check the time and OMFG IT'S PAST NINE I'M LATE FOR WORK I'M no wait hang on that's PM.

I'd only been asleep for two hours.

Dreams have been a little too active of late as well, so what sleep I am getting is not particularly restful. I dreamed I was Hunter S. Thompson, in some lovely woodland glade, and I had a stick. One long thin stick. John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson of Pulp Fiction were out to get me. They had machine guns and chainsaws. It didn't end well.

Stupid stick.

3 comments:

  1. Dude, that's my kind of insomnia. It started when I was working feverishly on TEC, and never went away. You've also been writing feverishly, right? Is your brain getting a bit overactive, waking you up with ideas, or piffling stuff like words to tweak here and there? Regardless, if it keeps on much longer, maybe go to a doc and get a little sleep-prolonging mojo, just to reset your clock, before your brain has a chance to get into a groove with this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2/8/09 03:45

    Drink heavily. Works for me.

    -- E. Drake

    PS: Word verification was: jckdaniels. Huh! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing with bad sleeping is it tends to eat itself. This weekend, I have woken at both 3 and 7, but have been sufficiently tired enough to just grumble, roll over and go back to sleep. Bit a chunk off my sleep debt, so I don't feel quite so zombie-like.

    (Which is good, 'cause this week has too many late nights. MIFF is the end of me.)

    I haven't thought of anything upon waking. My thoughts were the same, that it was probably related to frenetic writing, 'cept I have had no writing-related flashes that wake me.

    ReplyDelete