Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Red Paintings

I discovered The Red Paintings a little while back. I had one track of theirs, a cover of Mad World, which was just brilliant, probably my favourite version of this song, which says a lot.

Finally, I bought Feed the Wolf, which is one of those rare albums that on first listen I didn't merely enjoy, but had my attention demanded and grabbed and held hostage till the last note ended, at which point I put it on repeat and sat in the dark for some time. I love the cello, but the piano knows me best, and when both instruments come together I can't help but stop everything else and listen.



We Belong In The Sea has that effect on me.

Somehow I managed to completely miss the fact that they're playing a free show at the Hi-Fi Bar TONIGHT.

!!!!!

Tickets have already all gone, but I've been advised to just turn up anyway. And oh I shall, even if all I do is loiter at the door listening. Eeee!

2 comments:

  1. I saw them at the East last year. They had this whole animal theme going, with masks and paintings and stuff. Really interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I kicked myself for opting out of their gig at the Ding Dong in April. Fingers crossed.

    ReplyDelete