Saturday, November 17, 2007

Oh Our Lady of Cardboard Boxes, who watches over those fools who suddenly decided to apply for leases while in the middle of nightshift and then start moving money and paperwork around while out of the country, you have been kind to me in the past week, as I winged my way through process of dismantling my room and activating the apartment. I have yet had no hiccups or major inconveniences, and for that I thank you. Early tomorrow, the movers will arrive, and then I will need your help most. May the transition from true home to new home be smooth. May the truck find a carpark on the street. May the mattress fit in the elevator. May no random passerby grab a box from the back of the truck and leave me without my underwear, for oh Our Lady of Cardboard Boxes, I do need my underwear. May I be able to stand at the end of the day in my new castle, and be triumphant. For your continued favour, I give you the company of my (currently absent) father, the consideration of my mother, the joy of my brother, and the love of two small smelly dogs. They might sound like small things, but they are not. I hope they please you, and you continue to smile on this fool.

8 comments:

  1. *imagines a random passerby grabbing a box, to with swift horror discover that the box contains a gazillion books, which together will crush that random passerby under their combined weight*

    *cackles*


    *also crosses appendages for you, that the Lady might hear your prayers*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Treasure this time. Moving into your first apartment is such a wonderful time. I'm so happy for you!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hmmm...something just occurred to me.

    you _have_ arranged internet at your new place, haven't you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not yet. Won't even have an active landline till the 30th.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Howdy!

    Long time no see! : D

    Glad to hear your trip to Japan went well (from what I've read so far). How useful did you find the language courses? Sounds like you got plenty out of it!

    Good luck with the move. I've moved house 24 times now, so I know how it feels. ;)

    --Mike

    ReplyDelete
  6. I suddenly thought, "What if Tess needs a zombie moment during the move?" http://www.archaeology.org/online/features/hierakonpolis/zombies.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. When do I not need a zombie moment? :p

    Aan, that would be the box of Tadbooks you're imagining, heh.

    Suzanne, so far, it's a lot of work. And pigeons.

    Mike! Good to hear from you! Yes, I had myself a faaaabulous time. Very glad I took those lessons. Knowing how to put a sentence together was more important than the vocab - that's what dictionaries are for.

    ReplyDelete